A place where Colorado Rockies baseball card collectors (all 3 of us) can waste some time reading about our favorite sport. The Rockies and their cards will be the primary focus, but I like to go off on tangents as well so anything and everything baseball related may be covered here.

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Barry Bonds: Not Such a Bad Guy After All?

I am torn because this man is the one name I said I would never write on this blog.  But after reading this story on Yahoo, I have a new found respect for Barry Bonds.  In case you haven't clicked to read, Bonds has offered to pay the future college tuition of the children of Bryan Stow.  Stow is the Giants fan that was nearly beaten to death earlier this year outside Dodger Stadium.  It is stories like this that make me appreciate my love of sports all the more.  Sure I may say I hate a player, but that is never the actual case...most of the time I just hate the uniform.  And honestly, Bonds acted and reacted like a jerk most of the time.

I am not going to suddenly become a Barry Bonds collector by any means, but I no longer have a problem typing his name on this blog.  Who knows, one day I may be comfortable typing the name of the jerk that played second base on the Giants with Bonds.  NAAAAA!

2 comments:

Fuji said...

Very cool story... and that's pretty awesome of Bonds. I'm with you... I don't usually hate a player, as much as I typically despise a team.

But... there are a couple of players I dislike... a lot.

flywheels said...

Wow, I hadn't heard of his offer to do that until now. That is a very classy move.