A place where Colorado Rockies baseball card collectors (all 3 of us) can waste some time reading about our favorite sport. The Rockies and their cards will be the primary focus, but I like to go off on tangents as well so anything and everything baseball related may be covered here.

Saturday, November 24, 2012

2012 Quarry Unlimited - #9 St. Louis Cardinals Part 2


It's been a relatively quiet week at the Quarry with only 3 total comments on the 5 posts this week.  I hope you guys aren't getting bored and I can just chalk it up to a holiday week outlier.  Here is the second half of the St. Louis Cardinals.










My Top 5 Cardinals Cards
1. Maikel Cleto
2. Shane Robinson
3. Matt Holliday
4. Rafael Furcal
5. Daniel Descalso

I don't know what it is about the Maikel Cleto card, but it has a very Bob Gibson-esque quality to it.  The background colors are just perfect for a Cardinals pitcher.  One of my favorite card accessories is the mirrored sunglasses.  The Robinson is a pretty good example of this, but I have a better one coming up in a week or two.  The Matt Holliday is a nice throwback photo of the powder blues I mentioned yesterday.  I like the Furcal for both the running and the classic Coca-Cola signage in the background.  The Descalso has a really nice scoreboard background as well, but what I like is the seeming indifference of the left fielder behind him.  Let's show some hustle.

I hope you have enjoyed this look at the #9 Cardinals.  I'll be on Monday with the #10 team that will definitely look a lot different in 2013.

Thanx for reading.

1 comment:

Nick said...

Like you, I love those mirrored sunglasses cards. Because of that, the Robinson was probably my favorite of this bunch.