A place where Colorado Rockies baseball card collectors (all 3 of us) can waste some time reading about our favorite sport. The Rockies and their cards will be the primary focus, but I like to go off on tangents as well so anything and everything baseball related may be covered here.

Friday, November 23, 2012

2012 Quarry Unlimited - #9 St. Louis Cardinals Part 1



#9 on my list is the second (of 3) former #1 teams on my list (theoretical list) after the Pirates at #3, the St. Louis Cardinals.  In 1985, I had four favorite players and two of them were Cardinals, John Tudor and Tommy Herr (Eric Davis and Johnny Ray were the others).  However, there weren't any Cardinals on that 1985 World Series team that I didn't like from Jack Clark to Vince Coleman to Ozzie Smith.  I just loved that team mainly because it was built on speed rather than power.  There is one person that caused the Cardinals to drop for me, Tony LaRussa.  You will spot that sentence again in a couple of weeks.  Only the presence of former Rockies great Matt Holliday has brought the Cardinals back from the depths of apathy.  Could the Cardinals ever climb higher on my list?  Doubtful, but you never know.  For now, let's take a look at the first half of the St. Louis Cardinals along with some trivia.


If I were a Cardinals fan...

Title of the blog - The Cardinal Rules

Favorite Player (current) - Matt Holliday

Favorite Player (all time) - Tommy Herr

Least Favorite Player (current) - Carlos Beltran

Least Favorite Player (all time) - J.D. Drew


2012 St. Louis Cardinals Total Cards = 46










The one uniform trait that I would define as 80's would have to be the powder blues.  The Cardinals are the one team that looked a whole lot better (in my eyes) wearing the powder blue uniforms.  The Royals and Braves were okay too, but not the Twins, Mariners, or Brewers.  The Phillies are by far the worst looking in blue.  Let me know if I forgot any of the powder blue teams.

Thanx for reading.

No comments: