A place where Colorado Rockies baseball card collectors (all 3 of us) can waste some time reading about our favorite sport. The Rockies and their cards will be the primary focus, but I like to go off on tangents as well so anything and everything baseball related may be covered here.

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

2012 Quarry Unlimited - #2 Kansas City Royals Part 1



The #2 team on my countdown, the Kansas City Royals, have made a meteoric rise from the depths of 1985.  The Royals would have come in at #25 (out of 26 teams) back then with only the Dodgers lower on my list.  I was a big Cardinals fan back then and the Royals "stole" the 1985 World Series from them.  They have since slowly worked their way up my favorite teams list.  What a difference 27 years makes.  The Cardinals are no longer my favorite team and the Royals are #2 which would be a jump from last year when they were probably #6 or #7.  Why the jump?  Because the closest professional team to me is the single A Lexington Legends.  After being affiliated with the Astros since their inception in 2001, the Legends are now a Royals affiliate.  Of course, there is also the fact that they are "lovable losers" or the underdog or whatever you want to call it.  Let's take a look at the Royals of 2012 and some if I were a Royals fan trivia.


If I were a Royals fan...

Title of the blog - Royal Treatment

Favorite Player (current) - Billy Butler

Favorite Player (all time) - Brandon Berger (another EKU grad)

Least Favorite Player (current) - Felipe Paulino

Least Favorite Player (all time) - George Brett


2012 Kansas City Royals Total Cards = 47











I'll finish up the Royals tomorrow with the final 26 cards.  What do you think?

Thanx for reading.

2 comments:

night owl said...

I love the off-centered tributes to '86.

The Collins card is obviously the best, altho I have no idea who he is.

Nick said...

I'm with Night Owl. The Collins is the best of this bunch.

All 5'7" of him. (Although I'd argue that he's even shorter than that.)