A place where Colorado Rockies baseball card collectors (all 3 of us) can waste some time reading about our favorite sport. The Rockies and their cards will be the primary focus, but I like to go off on tangents as well so anything and everything baseball related may be covered here.

Thursday, November 29, 2012

2012 Quarry Unlimited - #11 Atlanta Braves Part 2


I have mentioned elsewhere that I think the Braves and Nationals will have the greatest rivalry in the 2010s decade over the NL East crown every year.  As of right now, I don't really know which team to give the edge to.  The Nats have the two big names in Strasburg and Harper, but the Braves have volume.  They  have several young stars across the diamond that could be better than both Nats.  I think this will be the fun division to watch the rest of this decade.  Let's take a look at the rest of the 2012 Braves.











My Top 5 Braves Cards
1. Michael Bourn
2. Lyle Overbay
3. Andrelton Simmons
4. Ben Sheets
5. Chipper Jones

The Bourn card has just an excellent photograph.  The timing is perfect and Bourn's angular slide looks great.  On the surface, the Overbay is a simple first base shot and it really is, but how often do you see the pitcher's mound in a first base shot.  Couple that with the hieroglyphic-looking sign in the background and it creates a memorable card.  How can you not love a double play card?  The Simmons is not the best ever, but it is another example of fine photography.  Finally the Ben Sheets and Chipper Jones cards are two  more examples of nice long careers coming to an end.  I ranked the Sheets higher simply because I like the picture just a little bit better.

Tomorrow, I am going back to the AL with team #12 that contains one of my current least favorite players in the league.

Thanx for reading.

No comments: