A place where Colorado Rockies baseball card collectors (all 3 of us) can waste some time reading about our favorite sport. The Rockies and their cards will be the primary focus, but I like to go off on tangents as well so anything and everything baseball related may be covered here.

Monday, November 5, 2012

2012 Quarry Unlimited - #1 Colorado Rockies Part 1


It's time to start the team countdown (countup?) portion of the 2012 Quarry unlimited set.  As a huge surprise for you, the Colorado Rockies come in at #1.  I know, I know, I shocked you with that one.  This team could have been a bit anticlimactic considering just two weeks ago I showed the entire Rockies team in my regular 2012 Quarry Cards team set.  However, I used a different photo for each player and the design is obviously different so it should be okay.  This is also the 1st of 5 teams (Rockies, Marlins, Rays, D-Backs, Nationals) that were not present at all in 1986 Topps, so I hope I made them look as though they belonged.

One thing I know I am going to do in addition to showing the cards is having a handful of things would happen if the team in question was #1.  For example, if Team A were #1 on my list what would my blog's name be?  And other things of that effect, I'm just going to have fun with it.  Since the Rockies ARE #1, I'm just going to show the cards this time.

2012 Colorado Rockies Total Cards = 50










How do they look?  I tried to keep the same type of photo-theme that is present in the real 1986 Topps as well (several dugout shots, several extreme close up head shots, really good catcher photos, etc.). What is your favorite of this group?

Thanx for reading.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I would buy those cards if they were produced! Great looking!

night owl said...

Love that purple lettering on the top. You never saw that in '86 Topps! (My guess is if the Rockies existed in '86, that Topps would've used white -- like it did with the Yankees).

I like the Herrera card. Not much is better than a play-at-second shot.