A place where Colorado Rockies baseball card collectors (all 3 of us) can waste some time reading about our favorite sport. The Rockies and their cards will be the primary focus, but I like to go off on tangents as well so anything and everything baseball related may be covered here.

Monday, December 30, 2013

2013 Quarry Unlimited - #22 San Diego Padres Part 1



Some of you may be surprised to see a Rockies NL West rival ranked this highly, and to be honest with you I am a bit surprised myself.  I can assure you that I am not really starting to like the Padres and I still do think of them as the team that wore the bodily waste colored uniforms at one time.  This is more of a case of several other teams that have pissed me off this season in one fashion or another.  In time, the Padres will retake their place among the lowest of the low.  However, for now they can take heart that I only want them to lose 90 games instead of 110 games.  Besides making fun of the Padres is a lot like picking on the slow kid in school, it's too easy to do and you never feel good about yourself afterwards.  For now, let's just check out some Padres team trivia.


PADRES TEAM TRIVIA

# of players to play in a Padres game (1993-2013) - 522

# of those players to have a Padres card (as of today) - 389

% of Padres players to appear on a Padres card - 74.5%

Big names left out - Rob Deer, Danny Jackson, Matt Stairs

# of new Padres in 2013 - 16

Total # of Padres in 2013 - 47

position on last year's list --   #26    =  UP 4



Let's take a look at the first half of the 2013 San Diego Padres with the team card leading the way.














I'll be back tomorrow with Part 2.

Thanx for reading.

1 comment:

Marcus said...

Glad to see that you're hating the Padres less! For what it's worth, the Rox are my least hated NL West rival.

Some great cards on here! Definitely loving the Rookie Cup on the Gyorko card, and the Guzman has a great photo. Denorfia and Amarista are favorite players of mine, so I'm glad to see that they had some good looking cards as well. The Grandal looks pretty slick, though he is easily my least favorite Friar.

Great start!