A place where Colorado Rockies baseball card collectors (all 3 of us) can waste some time reading about our favorite sport. The Rockies and their cards will be the primary focus, but I like to go off on tangents as well so anything and everything baseball related may be covered here.

Friday, December 20, 2013

2013 Quarry Unlimited - #18 Chicago White Sox Part 1



At slot #18 on my likability list is the Chicago White Sox.  They are the final team from the AL Central to make an appearance on my countdown.  The strange thing about this is that while all 5 AL Central teams (and 4 NL Central teams as well) have shown up, only 1 NL East and 1 NL West team have made an appearance.  What this means is that if the White Sox were in the NL East or NL West, they would be my second favorite team in the division, but in the AL Central they are last.  Does this make them the villain of the division?  I don't really see the White Sox as a villain, I mostly just don't care about them.  That's brings to mind another question, should I have at least one villainous team in each division?  I think it might actually cause me to like certain teams more if I did.  There was a famous wrestling quote said by Rowdy Roddy Piper to Hulk Hogan.  He said, "The only reason they are cheering for you is because they hate me so much."  I believe that to be true.  I like the Rays and Orioles a lot more because they are playing against the Yankees and Red Sox.  I might have to start looking at things a little differently now.  Let's take a look at some South Side trivia.



WHITE SOX TEAM TRIVIA

# of players to play in a White Sox game (1993-2013) - 380

# of those players to have a White Sox card (as of today) - 297

% of White Sox players to appear on a White Sox card - 78.2%

Big names left out - Orlando Hudson, Bob Melvin, Don Slaught

# of new White Sox in 2013 - 21

Total # of White Sox in 2013 - 47

position on last year's list --   #17    =  DOWN 1



Let's take a look at the first half of the 2013 Chicago White Sox with the team card leading the way.














I'll be back tomorrow with Part 2.

Thanx for reading.

No comments: