A place where Colorado Rockies baseball card collectors (all 3 of us) can waste some time reading about our favorite sport. The Rockies and their cards will be the primary focus, but I like to go off on tangents as well so anything and everything baseball related may be covered here.

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Taste the Rainbow #3 + 2 Big Blog Milestones

 


It has been a while since I have trotted out this series, but it has also been a while since I have completed a rainbow.  The last go around saw two different rainbows completed with 2011 Topps Huston Street and 2010 Topps National Chicle chrome Ian Stewart.  This time I will be focusing on my favorite player, Christian Friedrich.  I have completed the rainbow of his most recent card, 2013 Topps Update.  Well, almost completed anyway.  I am still missing the Platinum 1/1 which I am actively searching for.  If any of you see or hear about it, please let me know.  I'll reward you greatly.  I also don't have any of the printing plates, but I don't count them and I don't really collect them either.  Let's take a look at the Friedrich rainbow.









The sapphire parallel is actually #'d 01/25.  I am not one of those collectors that seeks out the first, last, or uniform number, but it is cool when you actually get one.  Most people were complaining about Friedrich even having a card in 2013 Update, but I was not one of them.  He was on the 40 man roster and missed the season with injury.  Every Topps set that I can remember have featured at least one player that didn't play the prior season due to injury.  At least this time it is of a player that I collect.




I mentioned that there were also two big milestones for the blog with this post.

First, this is the 3rd birthday for Cards from the Quarry.  Well, actually the birthday was on the 14th, but I had a Quarry Unlimited post that day.  I was going to celebrate on Sunday, but then I decided that the birthday celebration should be today so it coincided with the other blog milestone that is occurring today.

This post is #500 for the blog.  I had to interrupt the Quarry Unlimited set, because I did NOT want post #500 to be about the Dodgers.  After three years, I hoped to be around 700-800 posts, but life intervened several different times.  My posts are usually lengthy, so I never post more than once a day.  Either way, I am very proud of myself for sticking around to spew my insanity and I am even more thankful that you guys continue to read it.  I don't know how high I actually will go, but I wouldn't mind seeing post #1000 one day, but who knows.  As long as I enjoy writing this blog and you enjoy reading this blog, I will stick around if I am able.

Thanx for reading.

7 comments:

Greg Zakwin said...

Awesome rainbow! And congrats on the milestones!

arpsmith said...

Congrats on the milestones and on completing a rainbow of your favorite player!

The Dutch Card Guy said...

grats on the milestones !!

Nick said...

Congrats on the three years/500 post milestones! I've been reading your awesome material for quite a while now.

Marcus said...

Congrats on the milestone! And the rainbow! I have a rainbow from last year's Topps set completed for Chris Denorfia except for the silk one, of which I've never seen any listed on any site. Maybe they didn't make 'em for the Update set.

Play at the Plate said...

Congrats on the milestones and the rainbow. Looking forward to another year of the Quarry!

Unknown said...

Congrats on the milestone and the rainbow. I'm looking for the Charlie Morton 2013 platinum and 3 printing plates to complete my rainbow. Keep me in mind if you come across them.