A place where Colorado Rockies baseball card collectors (all 3 of us) can waste some time reading about our favorite sport. The Rockies and their cards will be the primary focus, but I like to go off on tangents as well so anything and everything baseball related may be covered here.

Friday, January 24, 2014

2013 Quarry Unlimited - #30 Los Angeles Dodgers Part 1



It is now time to reveal the worst kept secret in all of Blogoland, the identity of my least favorite team of 2013.  Da-da-da-da, it the Los Angeles Dodgers ...Quelle surprise!  Yes, the Dodgers have regained their rightful at the bottom of my heap.  It's only right, since the Dodgers have always been one of my least favorite teams going all the back to my childhood.  Growing up, I liked the Reds, Cardinals, and A's and the Dodgers were big rivals of each of them at one time or another in the 1980's.  Then came the Rockies and the Dodgers sank even further.  I am also a Chicago Bears fan and I equate the NL West with the NFC North (and earlier Central) division.  The Padres are like the Lions, every 20 years or so they have a good team, the rest of the time they are no real threat.  The Diamondbacks are like the old Buccaneers, the newest team that can't figure out what color to wear and I can't figure out why anyone would support them.  The Giants and Dodgers are equal to the Vikings and Packers, I don't like either and I hope they beat the hell out of each other when they play.  I really hate both the Vikings and Packers, the Packers a tad bit more, but I have a begrudging respect for the Packers.  The Vikings are just evil.  With the Giants and Dodgers, I haven't quite decided which team I respect and which team I flat out hate, but I think the Dodgers are the respectable team.  Even though I hate them more, I love to hate them.  While you think about that, let's check some team trivia.


DODGERS TEAM TRIVIA

# of players to play in a Dodgers game (1993-2013) - 437

# of those players to have a Dodgers card (as of today) - 359

% of Dodgers players to appear on a Dodgers card - 82.2%

Big names left out - James Baldwin, Roberto Hernandez, Dick Schofield

# of new Dodgers in 2013 - 19

Total # of Dodgers in 2013 - 49

position on last year's list --   #29    =  DOWN 1



Let's take a look at the first half of the 2013 Los Angeles Dodgers with the team card leading the way.














I'll be back tomorrow with Part 2.

Thanx for reading.

2 comments:

night owl said...

Gooooooooo Dodgers!

Love seeing that '77 yellow, even though it's still all wrong for the Dodgers.

The Capuano card is appropriate. He's got that "crap, he hit that a long way" face.

Marcus said...

The NFC Central analogy is almost perfect, GREAT job on that one. I'm laughing at the Bucs/DBacks connection, but the Lions/Padres one makes me sad. For me, I really dislike the Giants, but the Dodgers are the team that I hate.

I've been doing a lousy job of commenting on some of the great cards you've been making here, so I'll tell you now, it's been fun to look at these.

Except these ones. Just read the opening paragraph and then scrolled down to the comments section. Not gonna spend my time looking at lousy Dodger cards.