A place where Colorado Rockies baseball card collectors (all 3 of us) can waste some time reading about our favorite sport. The Rockies and their cards will be the primary focus, but I like to go off on tangents as well so anything and everything baseball related may be covered here.

Friday, January 3, 2014

2013 Quarry Unlimited - #24 Miami Marlins Part 1



I have been trying to figure out exactly why I dislike the Marlins as much as I do.  I have come to a conclusion and that is I consider the Marlins to be a lot like me when I was in middle school.  I was always a really gifted student (horrible at social skills though) and school really came easy to me.  However around the age of 13 when the whole puberty thing went down, I sort of just quit trying and skated by with as little effort as possible.  I was capable of getting straight A's, but I would bring home C's and D's.  The Marlins remind of that phase of my life.  They obviously know how to build a baseball team because they won 2 World Series titles within their first 10 years of existence, but they just don't seem to want to try the rest of the time.  Sure, economics has a little to do with it, but it's not like Miami is a small market, especially for the Hispanic market (ie. baseball fans).  They just seem like slackers.  I got over my slacking tendencies (well mostly), so maybe there is hope for the Marlins to eventually figure things out.  I think they need to find a new owner first though.  Let's check out some team trivia.


MARLINS TEAM TRIVIA

# of players to play in a Marlins game (1993-2013) - 455

# of those players to have a Marlins card (as of today) - 328

% of Marlins players to appear on a Marlins card - 72.1%

Big names left out - Brian Daubach, Darren Oliver, Alejandro Pena

# of new Marlins in 2013 - 29

Total # of Marlins in 2013 - 53

position on last year's list --   #25    =  UP 1



Let's take a look at the first half of the 2013 Miami Marlins with the team card leading the way.















I'll be back tomorrow with Part 2.

Thanx for reading.

No comments: