A place where Colorado Rockies baseball card collectors (all 3 of us) can waste some time reading about our favorite sport. The Rockies and their cards will be the primary focus, but I like to go off on tangents as well so anything and everything baseball related may be covered here.

Friday, February 25, 2011

Trade Bait - 2011 Topps Inserts + a little bit of crying and complaining

Well I had prepared a post for the Sunday Afternoon Blaster of my very first 2011 Topps cards.  I had the post finished and saved to put up this Sunday, then I accidentally deleted the entire body of the work.


Since I had already collated the cards and put them away there was no saving the post.  Two good glasses of lemonade came out of this big bucket of lemons though.  First, it gives me an excuse to buy another blaster (not 2011 Topps, mine sucked) for this week.




Second, it gives me an extra post to make for the trade bait I got in the box.  Which is cool as well.  I am not collecting any of the inserts from this year's set with the exception of the Rockies, so everything I got in the blaster is up for grabs.

Here is what I have for trade from my National League East hot box

Gold Parallel
13 Billy Wagner - Braves 0680/2011 claimed by Colbey

Kimball Champions Minis - claimed by the Dimwit
20 Roy Halladay - Phillies
37 Stephen Strasburg - Nationals

Topps 60 - BABenny
26 Derek Jeter - Yankees
34 Mark Reynolds - Diamondbacks
40 Michael Young - Rangers

Diamond Parallels - Colbey
233 Ramon Hernandez - Reds
278 Marco Scutaro - Red Sox

Diamond Duos
HH Ryan Howard / Jason Heyward - Phillies / Braves
HM Tommy Hanson / Mike Minor - Braves / Braves
LZ Evan Longoria / Ryan Zimmerman - Rays / Nationals

History of Topps
4 - 1957 Topps sets the card size standard

Vintage Reproductions
5 Babe Ruth - Yankees 1921 National Caramel claimed by Jeremy

60 Years of Topps that Your Momma Threw Out regular back
1998 Bobby Abreu - Phillies      BABenny's
2002 Vladimir Guerrero - Expos

The Lost Cards regular back
6 1955 Whitey Ford - Yankees claimed by Jeremy

Toppstown
16 Nick Markakis - Orioles
18 Ryan Zimmerman - Nationals
19 Andrew McCutchen - Pirates
21 Starlin Castro - Cubs
22 Jason Heyward - Braves
25 Ryan Howard - Phillies
25 Ryan Howard - Phillies (not a typo I did get an insert dupe in my first blaster of the year)
29 Carlos Gonzalez - Rockies (already had it)
42 Kevin Youkilis - Red Sox
45 Hanley Ramirez - Marlins

Commemorative Patch
TLMP-DW David Wright - NY Giants claimed by Greg Z.

(wait what) yep it is a 1933 NY Giants patch for NY Met David Wright.  What's next a Seattle Pilots logo on an Ichiro card (what?) damn you corrective link.  So is this a Mets card or a Giants card or a manufactured POS?  Or all 3?

Base Card Dupe (yeah I got a dupe there too)
85 Jack Wilson




Claim away below or @ hiflew(at)yahoo(dot)com and don't worry if you don't think you have anything for me I will hold cards for people for a while.




7 comments:

Greg Zakwin said...

If no one else has put in a claim, I'm down to find something to exchange for that Wright manu-patch.

The Dimwit said...

I wouldn't mind making a claim on the Kimball Champions cards... I'll see what I can drum up for a trade and e-mail you.

Jeremy said...

I'd like to have the babe ruth reproduction and the Whitey Ford lost card if nobody else has claimed them.

flywheels said...

I'm interested in the Wagner card. I've got a nice not so common Donruss Recollection 'clear chrome' Todd Helton card I can swap you.

Dennis said...

Haha, the Homers made me think of http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTxJ2QXyzSc

hiflew said...

@all All claims good and I think I have emailed you all

@caljr3000 CLASSIC scene...one of my favorite from the Treehouse of Horror series

BA Benny said...

I can use both 60 years of topps and the three topps 60 you have. I will find some stuff for you.