A place where Colorado Rockies baseball card collectors (all 3 of us) can waste some time reading about our favorite sport. The Rockies and their cards will be the primary focus, but I like to go off on tangents as well so anything and everything baseball related may be covered here.

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Recent buys from eBay

Since I don't have a card shop anywhere near me (closest is about 40 miles away), internet buying is my main source of purchasing.  I just thought I would show off a recent acquisitions from eBay. 


A couple of new cards for my Jamal Mashburn collection.  I got both of these surprisingly cheap.  Combined for under $3.00 total shipped in two separate auctions.  I think I paid $5 for the Topps Pristine base card around a year ago on Sportslots, so I was thrilled getting the jersey for $1.35 shipped.

A card that would've been right at home in The Budget eBay Collector.  A 2001 Topps Reserve Jeff Cirillo for 12 cents shipped.  I picked the Neifi Perez in a trade with someone, so that leave me only Todd Helton from having this team set complete.  Yeah only 3 Rockies make a team set, but for some sets it's only Todd Helton, so at least we got three here.

 These cards are 2004 Topps Chrome Presidential Pastime refractors.  I actually bought these for a trade with a fellow blogger, but for the life of me I can't remember which one.  I only remember seeing the set on his/her wantlists.  If you or any anyone you know of are collecting the PP refractors, I have James Madison and James Monroe up for trade.

 Finally, I picked up this 2010 Topps Peak Performance bat relic of Troy Tulowitzki.  Price = $4.99.  But that's not all I got for the $4.99, I also got these two.

 2008 Topps Update Angel Berroa (Dodgers) bat relic and a THICK 2001 Playoff Absolute Memorabilia Elpidio Guzman (Angels) bat relic serially numbered 523/700.  It is about the thickness of three normal relic cards.  (Cheesy announcer voice):  But wait, that's not all you get.
*UPDATE* Both bat cards are now with new owners.  I hope they enjoy them as much as I do the Tulo.

 The seller also threw in these two as a bonus to the lot of 3 bat cards.  A 1996 Score Ken Griffey Jr. and a 1997 Donruss Mark McGwire.  Not bad at all.  The Dodgers and Angels bat relics are up for trade (does anyone know of any Angels collectors?) as well as the Griffey and McGwire. 

5 comments:

Greg Zakwin said...

I imagine the presidential chrome are meant for beardy:

http://mojobeardy.wordpress.com/test/

hiflew said...

Yep that's it. Thanx Greg.

Justin McLeod said...

The Angels, In Order - I've never dealt with him, but I gather that he collects Angels.

On another note, how does Angel Berroa get a relic card in 2008?

Justin McLeod said...

The Angels, In Order - I've never dealt with him, but I gather that he collects Angels.

On another note, how does Angel Berroa get a relic card in 2008?

hiflew said...

That puzzled me as well. My best thought was Topps wanted a completely unused bat for its relics and all the others had been used to hit baseballs.