A place where Colorado Rockies baseball card collectors (all 3 of us) can waste some time reading about our favorite sport. The Rockies and their cards will be the primary focus, but I like to go off on tangents as well so anything and everything baseball related may be covered here.

Saturday, February 19, 2011

More eBay Swag including the best seller I have ever dealt with

I think it's time to show off some more buys from the World's Largest Garage Sale.  I am still prepping for the return of The Budget eBay Collector next month, so I figured I should make some buys before my $5 budget kicks in.


First up is a 2008 Bowman Chrome refractor of Todd Helton that I got for the low, low price of 20 cents shipped.  I got the package in a few days ago with the ugly stamp of Postage Due because it was too heavy.  So I had to pay another 44 cents.  Now I am going to bitch about the fact that when I mail off trade packets I get them returned by the post office if I am 20 cents short on shipping and this one goes through, but I have to pay on both ends now.  Ugh, I hate the USPS at least my branch of it.

I am not one to leave negative feedback on such a small purchase, but I did email the seller to let him know what had happened.  I didn't ask for anything, I just gave him the advice to double check his postage or he would get negatives from other buyers.  He apologized and kindly refunded my 20 cents so I got this card for 24 cents, I just hate that the money went to the USPS rather than the nice seller.


Next up, we have a 2011 Topps reprint of that classic old card, um a 2007 Topps Troy Tulowitzki.  I got it for 22 cents shipped.  Don't get me wrong I appreciate a Rockie being included in the reprint set this year (or any insert set for that matter), but why reprint a card from 4 years ago.  I suppose they could be going after that potential new customer that is currently six years old and doesn't remember this set, but damn stop the madness.


Here we have 2 parallels from 2010 Bowman.  Well one from Bowman and one from Bowman Prospects and Draft Picks and Bears, Oh My.  The EY Jr. is numbered to 520 and the Kiel Roling is numbered to 250.  My total cost for both of these fairly rare parallels, 48 cents shipped.  Hell, if I can find them all for 24 cents each I might try to get all 250 of the Roling (well maybe not).



You might remember from the Budget eBay collector that I picked up a Joe Cronin from the 2007 SP Legendary Cuts base set.  If you don't here is the link.  Well I liked the set so I have been keeping my eyes open for more of these.  I found these six in six separate auctions so now I have a starter set going on.  I really love the Phil Niekro, the color just pops in person.


Finally, the big prize but first a semi-short back story.  I am currently completing a trade with BABenny, who I'm sure you all know, for a Christian Friedrich 2008 Razor Letterman Letter D patch numbered to 20.  Well, I spotted this auction for a letter R numbered to 20 as well to go with it on the binder page.  I ended up winning it for $5.91 shipped and after paying emailed the seller to let me know if it was the R1 or R2.  Then came the bad news, he said that the card was accidentally relisted and had sold the previous week.  I was sad, but the seller gave me an option, I could get a full refund and we could go our separate ways or he could substitute another Friedrich from the same set.  Well since I only had the one D on the way and no others, what kind of supercollector would I be if I got my money back.  Hell, for six bucks even one of the non-numbered base patches would've been okay with me.  So I said that would be fine as long as it wasn't the D.  He said he had the E and would ship it right away.  On Friday the card came in the mail.
...
Wait...
for...
it...
...
Wait...
for...
it...
...
...
...
TAADAA!!



WOW!  It's the E patch numbered 3/5 and I got it for less than 6 dollars.  There are two other /5 Friedrichs (both overpriced) on eBay right now and the cheaper one is $30 shipped, so this is my best buy in a while.

I emailed the seller back and told him he could either have my first born son (well it's not that good, but if it was the 1/1 perhaps, OK still no) or I could plug his eBay sales here.  Currently he doesn't have anything else up, but this plug will stay good as long as this blog is here.

Of course this means I now have to get a second letter for the /20 page and the /5 now, but I think I will live with that problem just fine.

No comments: