A place where Colorado Rockies baseball card collectors (all 3 of us) can waste some time reading about our favorite sport. The Rockies and their cards will be the primary focus, but I like to go off on tangents as well so anything and everything baseball related may be covered here.

Sunday, January 13, 2013

2012 Quarry Unlimited - #30 San Francisco Giants Part 2



Normally in this space I have been putting a neat tidbit, fact, or at the very least something interesting.  Well to be honest, I've got nothing.  All I will say is I really wish the Giants had moved to St. Petersburg in the late 80s which they were VERY close to doing.  They would have been realigned to the NL East along with the Braves and the Marlins and/or Rays may never have existed.  I also (probably) would have never developed my extreme hatred for the team, because there's no way the team could have kept up financially in Florida.  My Rockies have a "Rogue's Gallery" of sorts and I guess it wouldn't be the same without the Giants in the co-lead role.  Much like the Dodgers and Yankees, I love to hate the Giants.  Every hero needs some great villains.  I guess I had a little something after all, so take a look at the second half of the 2012 San Francisco Giants.










My Top 5 Giants Cards
1. Gregor Blanco
2. Brandon Crawford
3. Santiago Casilla
4. Tim Lincecum
5. Eli Whiteside

The Blanco walking out of the ivy is a very cool photo.  It reminds of the great Andre Dawson insurance commercial.  Well I was going to link it, but it's not on Youtube, either way you have seen it.  Crawford is an excellent defensive shortstop, so I have a feeling he will have plenty of nice looking cards like this one.  The Casilla feature a great throwback to the New York Giants.  The Lincecum is a decent pitcher bunting card, although it looks like he is really struggling with it.  Finally, I chose the Whiteside card because if you showed me that picture with the uniform airbrushed out, I would come up with 5,000 professions for that man before baseball player came up.  Seedy lounge singer would be at the top of that list, by the way.

These are the final cards of the 2012 Quarry Unlimited set.  It's tough to end on a below average photo day, but it is what it is.  It was a blast to make these cards and has been just as much fun to present them.  This week I will have an epilogue of sorts for the set by showing off my favorite 30 cards and I will set up a vote for you guys to choose the top 5 cards of the set.

Thanx for reading.

1 comment:

night owl said...

Pssssh, Giants.

Great series, of course! Looking forward to the recap.