A place where Colorado Rockies baseball card collectors (all 3 of us) can waste some time reading about our favorite sport. The Rockies and their cards will be the primary focus, but I like to go off on tangents as well so anything and everything baseball related may be covered here.

Friday, November 29, 2013

2013 Quarry Unlimited - #9 Milwaukee Brewers Part 1



At #9 is probably the most controversial selection on my list, the Milwaukee Brewers.  The only I say controversial is because the actions of the face of the Brewers, Ryan Braun, have caused many people to think less of the Brewers.  In my case, the Brewers are tied for the largest jump on the list at 4 spots.  The reason behind that is because I didn't start paying real attention to the Brewers in 2013 until after Braun was suspended.  What I saw was a group of young players that had a lot of talent and seemed extremely likeable.  I especially like Braun's replacement in left field, Khris Davis, despite the spelling of his name and Scooter Gennett who reminds me of David Eckstein.  While you reconsider your thoughts about the Brewers, let's take a look at some team trivia.



BREWERS TEAM TRIVIA

# of players to play in a Brewers game (1993-2013) - 436

# of those players to have a Brewers card (as of today) - 330

% of Brewers players to appear on a Brewers card - 75.7%

Big names left out - Rob Dibble, Jim Edmonds, Julio Franco

# of new Brewers in 2013 - 18

Total # of Brewers in 2013 - 40

position on last year's list --   #13    =  UP 4


Let's take a look at the first half of the 2013 Milwaukee Brewers with the team card leading the way.











I'll be back tomorrow with Part 2.

Thanx for reading.

No comments: