A place where Colorado Rockies baseball card collectors (all 3 of us) can waste some time reading about our favorite sport. The Rockies and their cards will be the primary focus, but I like to go off on tangents as well so anything and everything baseball related may be covered here.

Monday, November 11, 2013

2013 Quarry Unlimited - #1 Colorado Rockies Part 1



Here we go with the beginning of the meat of the 2013 Quarry Unlimited set.  Just like last year, I will be presenting the team sets in the order of my feelings toward teams.  It will not be that repetitive as only 9 teams are in exact same position as last year, although 5 of the top 6 are in the same spots.  I will also be separating the team set into 2 parts to keep the size of each post manageable.  Like last years set, I will also be showcasing some team trivia this year in Part 1 of each team.  This year I am going to focus on unique players and cards for each team.  This was a whole lot of research, but I did it for an upcoming new part of my collection which I will get into in more detail in the future.  For now let's keep the focus on the 2013 Quarry Unlimited set and check out the Rockies who are obviously in the #1 slot again.



ROCKIES TEAM TRIVIA

# of players to play in a Rockies game (1993-2013) - 478

# of those players to have a Rockies card (as of today) - 332

% of Rockies players to appear on a Rockies card - 69.5%

Big names left out - Bruce Hurst, Brian McRae, Kevin Millwood

# of new Rockies in 2013 - 14

Total # of Rockies in 2013 - 43

position on last year's list --   #1    =  same


Let's take a look at the first half of the 2013 Colorado Rockies with the team card leading the way.











I'll be back with Part 2 tomorrow.

Thanx for reading.

1 comment:

Nick said...

Love the multiple-exposure on the Brothers. Looking forward to part two!