A place where Colorado Rockies baseball card collectors (all 3 of us) can waste some time reading about our favorite sport. The Rockies and their cards will be the primary focus, but I like to go off on tangents as well so anything and everything baseball related may be covered here.

Friday, November 22, 2013

2013 Quarry Unlimited - #6 Baltimore Orioles Part 1



I don't know why, but to me the Orioles are a really bland team.  I like them, but I don't really like them for them.  I like them because they are the long time rivals of the Yankees and Red Sox.  I don't believe they actually deserve that, because they are a nice upstart bunch that had 3 starting All Stars this season.  However, I just can't figure out whether I would like them if they played in the National League East instead of the American League East.  I don't like the Washington Nationals currently, but if they swapped places with Baltimore, would my feelings change toward those two teams?  It's an interesting question to ponder and probably and impossible question to answer.  Although my negative feelings for the Astros lessened when they changed leagues, so maybe the Orioles are just likable to me because of their rivals.  That's probably good for them because I will always dislike the Yankees and Red Sox and the old saying is, the enemy of my enemy is my friend.  Let's take a look at some trivia along with the first half of the 2013 Baltimore Orioles.


ORIOLES TEAM TRIVIA

# of players to play in a Orioles game (1993-2013) - 470

# of those players to have a Orioles card (as of today) - 332

% of Orioles players to appear on a Orioles card - 70.6%

Big names left out - Casey Blake, Nick Johnson, Matt Nokes

# of new Orioles in 2013 - 24

Total # of Orioles in 2013 - 52

position on last year's list --   #6    =  same


Let's take a look at the first half of the 2013 Baltimore Orioles with the team card leading the way.













I'll be back tomorrow with Part 2.

Thanx for reading.


No comments: