A place where Colorado Rockies baseball card collectors (all 3 of us) can waste some time reading about our favorite sport. The Rockies and their cards will be the primary focus, but I like to go off on tangents as well so anything and everything baseball related may be covered here.

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

2013 Quarry Unlimited - #2 Kansas City Royals Part 1



Although the Pirates got all the attention with their losers turned winners story in 2013, the Kansas City Royals had a similar season as well.  They were in the playoff discussion until the final week of the season and had their best overall season since 1994.  In fact it was only their second season with even a winning record since then.  I believe this is a big part of why the Royals have such a high ranking on my list.  I have a thing for underdogs or "lovable losers."  I like them probably due to the fact that I do not see them as a big threat to my team, although that might not be the case for much longer.  For now though, the Royals will maintain their high ranking on my list and I honestly don't see that changing in the near future.



ROYALS TEAM TRIVIA

# of players to play in a Royals game (1993-2013) - 465

# of those players to have a Royals card (as of today) - 332

% of Royals players to appear on a Royals card - 71.4%

Big names left out - Jose Bautista, Tom Browning, Mitch Williams

# of new Royals in 2013 - 16

Total # of Royals in 2013 - 43

position on last year's list --   #2    =  same



Let's take a look at the first half of the 2013 Kansas City Royals with the team card leading the way.













I'll be back with Part 2 tomorrow.

Thanx for reading.


No comments: