A place where Colorado Rockies baseball card collectors (all 3 of us) can waste some time reading about our favorite sport. The Rockies and their cards will be the primary focus, but I like to go off on tangents as well so anything and everything baseball related may be covered here.

Tuesday, January 20, 2015

2014 Quarry Unlimited - #28 San Francisco Giants Part 2



YELLOW






RED






ORANGE




ROOKIE PROSPECTS





My Top 5 Giants cards
1. Tim Lincecum (blue)
2. Brandon Crawford (green)
3. Guillermo Quiroz (purple)
4. Buster Posey (red)
5. Dan Uggla (green)

I don't think I have a better explanation for the Lincecum card than Nick's Woody Allen comparison.   I like fun cards like that one.  I've never liked Lincecum as a player, but I have always liked his apparent sense of humor.  The Crawford is really cool because of the "levitation" of the ball.  Crawford looks like he is auditioning to be a baseball player magician in Vegas.  I normally don't like Spring Training shots, but everything going on in the Quiroz image really makes it work very well.  Buster Posey is one of my least favorite players, but that shot has a real "Natural-esque" quality to it.  I still don't like him, but that card is great.  Finally, I wanted to acknowledge the "blink and you missed it" Giants tenure of Dan Uggla.  The image of his entering from the clubhouse is completely ironic considering the short amount of time that he was on the team. 


Coming tomorrow - #29 Los Angeles Dodgers (Night Owl, they aren't at the bottom after all)

Thanx for reading.

No comments: