A place where Colorado Rockies baseball card collectors (all 3 of us) can waste some time reading about our favorite sport. The Rockies and their cards will be the primary focus, but I like to go off on tangents as well so anything and everything baseball related may be covered here.

Saturday, January 17, 2015

2014 Quarry Unlimited - #27 Boston Red Sox Part 2



YELLOW






RED






ORANGE





ROOKIE PROSPECTS





My Top 5 Red Sox Cards
1. Dustin Pedroia (green)
2. Mookie Betts (yellow)
3. Jackie Bradley (yellow)
4. Jemile Weeks (blue)
5. Dan Butler (green)


The Red Sox had three cards that have made me go back and forth about the order in which to put them.  Over the past 3 days, I have had the top 3 ranked three different ways.  They are all three great in different ways, but they are very close overall.  I finally settled on Pedroia at #1, but tomorrow I might think Betts or Bradley should be #1.  Either way I am sticking with the very cool "dog pile" double play shot on the Pedroia at #1.  #2 should be familiar to most of you.  It is the same photo Topps used on Betts' 2014 Update card, although they chose a landscape orientation.  I think my portrait style looks better, but both look very good.  I really like the Bradley card because it really shows his fantastic leaping ability.  Plus you always have to appreciate someone striving to reach the "DD's."  I have to agree with Night Owl's comment yesterday about the Jemile Weeks card.  The extreme close up shot on the basepaths is much better than the extreme close up on the mound or at the plate.  I wouldn't want to see an entire set like that, but 1 or 2 shots is really nice.  Finally I really like the Dan Butler card because it is somewhat misleading.  When I first looked at it, I thought it was just an average play at the plate card.  But then I noticed that the batter still had the bat in his hands.  I went back and looked at the source photo and it turned out to be a bunt that was popped up while knocking down the batter.  Cool image.


Coming Monday - #28 San Francisco Giants

Thanx for reading.

No comments: