A place where Colorado Rockies baseball card collectors (all 3 of us) can waste some time reading about our favorite sport. The Rockies and their cards will be the primary focus, but I like to go off on tangents as well so anything and everything baseball related may be covered here.

Tuesday, January 6, 2015

2014 Quarry Unlimited - #22 Washington Nationals Part 2



YELLOW






RED






ORANGE





ROOKIE PROSPECTS





My Top 5 Nationals Cards
1. Jose Lobaton (orange)
2. Ian Desmond (blue)
3. Asdrubal Cabrera (green)
4. Aaron Barrett (red)
5. Tanner Roark (red)


I think the Nationals will be in the running for most boring team set.  The #1 card for the Nats probably wouldn't even make the top 5 on most teams.  But every year there has been at least 2 or 3 teams (Twins, Tigers) like that.  The Lobaton is interesting simply because of his "Prince-like" haircut combined with the catcher gear which is always a plus in my book.  The best part of the Ian Desmond card is the small patch of grass in the lower left corner.  It reminds me of my first apartment that had what I refer to as a "postage stamp" yard.  The Cabrera card is slightly amusing because it looks like he got punched in the gut or something.  The expression on Barrett's face looks like he was sent to a time out and isn't happy about it.  The Roark is notable because of the interesting water dispenser behind him on the bench.  Boy, I was really grasping for interesting observations on those last three. 



Coming tomorrow - #23 Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim

Thanx for reading.

1 comment:

Nick said...

I like the Roark a lot. The peaceful dugout shot is like a throwback to the '70s.