A place where Colorado Rockies baseball card collectors (all 3 of us) can waste some time reading about our favorite sport. The Rockies and their cards will be the primary focus, but I like to go off on tangents as well so anything and everything baseball related may be covered here.

Friday, December 28, 2012

2012 Quarry Unlimited - #24 Boston Red Sox Part 1



#24 on the countdown brings us a team that wouldn't be as unlikeable without the help they get from a certain TV sports network, the Boston Red Sox.  Like the Cubs, up until 2004 the Red Sox were somewhat lovable losers.  I rarely liked them but them as much as the Cubs though.  After 2004, they became Yankees 2.0 whether they like it or not.  They had almost as rich a team as New York and to me winning their two titles just wasn't significant because they used their rival's strategy to get there.  All those years hating the Yankees to just become them.  What really caused the Red Sox to plummet on my list was of course the 2007 World Series and the sweep of the Rockies.  I still contend that the television-caused long layoff between games killed the Rockies chances in that series, but I'll digress.  While I stew a little bit more about that, enjoy the first half of the 2012 Boston Red Sox along with some trivia.



If I were a Red Sox fan...


Title of the blog - The Right Way, The Wrong Way, and the Fenway

Favorite Player (current) - Aaron Cook

Favorite Player (all time) - Ted Williams

Least Favorite Player (current) - David Ortiz

Least Favorite Player (all time) - Manny Ramirez


2012 Boston Red Sox Total Cards = 57 (the most of any team)












Can their really be a rivalry between two teams if you wish both would lose?  That's how I view the Yankees-Red Sox rivalry.  The only other rivalries in sports that make me think that are Vikings-Packers and North Carolina-Duke basketball.  It's not that I don't care about the rivalry at all, I just want both teams to be bad.  Are there any big time rivalries that cause you to feel this way? 

Thanx for reading.

No comments: