A place where Colorado Rockies baseball card collectors (all 3 of us) can waste some time reading about our favorite sport. The Rockies and their cards will be the primary focus, but I like to go off on tangents as well so anything and everything baseball related may be covered here.

Tuesday, November 18, 2014

2014 Quarry Unlimited - #4 Baltimore Orioles Part 2




YELLOW






RED






ORANGE






ROOKIE PROSPECTS





My Top 5 Orioles Cards
1. Matt Wieters (blue)
2. Caleb Joseph (orange)
3. Ryan Flaherty (blue)
4. Manny Machado (red)
5. J.J. Hardy (red)


The Wieters is undeniably phenomenal.  It will be right near the top for Card of the Set in my opinion.  The Joseph is one of few good "play at the plate" cards that I was able to make this year.  The new rules really hurt the chances of getting a really good play at the plate photo.  The Flaherty is one of those cards that could be #1 on a bad team set or #5 or worse on a good team set.  His spot at #3 tells me the Orioles are right about in the middle.  The Machado is really cool because the blurred background really gives you a true idea of the actual speed of the game.  Still photography sometimes gives us a false impression of how fast the game actually moves.  A reminder is nice every now and then.  Finally the Hardy really speaks to me.  He looks like the perfect combination of Jedi Knight and bouncer for an underground club.  Yes, I am weird but it still makes me chuckle.


Coming tomorrow - #5 Pittsburgh Pirates

Thanx for reading.


2 comments:

Nick said...

I really like the blurred background on the Machado.

Marcus said...

The Wieters, Machado, and Hardy are all stellar. I'll probably say this again later, but there need to be more blue bordered cards. And not just "Walmart" parallels.