A place where Colorado Rockies baseball card collectors (all 3 of us) can waste some time reading about our favorite sport. The Rockies and their cards will be the primary focus, but I like to go off on tangents as well so anything and everything baseball related may be covered here.

Saturday, March 17, 2012

Some Plugs from My Sick Ass

I have been a bit under the weather for the past few days, so I have been unable to do much of anything other than lay down and watch television.  This worked out great since it is my favorite four day period of the year, the first and second round of the NCAA tourney.  It rarely disappoint, but it does leave me emotionally and mentally exhausted afterwards.  Coupled with my physical exhaustion from being sick meant I was unable to get to the bank and deposit my check.  Why am I telling you this?  Because I owe three great bloggers some money for group breaks.  Rather than just a token apology and an "I'll get it to you Monday" email, I figured I would give all three some free publicity. 

Colbey is back and better than ever with his March Affordable Group Break.  Colbey is busting three boxes from the 90s this month: 1995 Finest Update, 1997 Topps Screenplays, 1999 Pacific Invincible.  The charge is $9.50 per selection which gets your a team of your choice AND a randomed team.  There are a bunch of slots still available and most of the big teams are still around including the Yankees, Mets, Red Sox, Dodgers, and Cardinals.

Kyle from Just a Bit Outside or JABO is doing his 5th Box Break.  Kyle is busting 4 boxes from the mid 2000s decade.  2003 Bazooka, 2003 Flair, 2005 Topps Chrome Series 2, and 2008 SP Authentic.  I think there are 13 guaranteed hits plus some great inserts in the Bazooka set.  There are a few teams left including the Brewers and Blue Jays for $5 per team with a small shipping charge.  I missed out on the first 3, but I got a big hit (but not the biggest) in his 4th so I definitely wanted in on this one.

Just about everyone that reads my blog knows Derek, but I figured every little bit helps.  Derek has busted some more recent boxes.  By more recent, I mean within the last two weeks.  He has busted 1 hobby box of 2012 Topps Opening Day AND 1 hobby box of 2012 Topps Heritage and I believe he is throwing in an additional blaster of 2012 Heritage.  He is selling by the team for the very reasonable price of $4 per team with a small additional cost for shipping.  A lot of the big teams are still available.



Thanks to all of them for being patient with me, because I honestly just want to crawl back into bed at the moment.

2 comments:

Kbrewster/90 said...

Get well soon bruder!

flywheels said...

Yes, get well soon. Don't worry about the $, I know you're good for it.