A place where Colorado Rockies baseball card collectors (all 3 of us) can waste some time reading about our favorite sport. The Rockies and their cards will be the primary focus, but I like to go off on tangents as well so anything and everything baseball related may be covered here.

Saturday, April 16, 2011

March Group Break Results from Thorzul will Rule

I have joined several group breaks since becoming a member of the blogging community and they continue to be one of my favorite events that happen on card blogs.  I joined the mid-high end March break over at Thorzul will Rule.  Thorzul's breaks are set up with 15 buy in slots.  You choose a team and are randomized a second team for x amount of dollars.  I chose the Rockies naturally and was randomized the Marlins.  Since there was one retired box I wanted to get an older team with the possibility of getting something in every box, so I traded the Marlins for the A's.

What was busted
2005 Donruss Throwback Threads
2008 Upper Deck Ultimate Collection
a handful of packs of 2011 Topps

Honestly I did very poorly in this break, but that is mainly because most of the hits went to one guy that had the Cubs and Astros.  There were some good hits for others, but I still got some decent base cards for my Rox.  Oh and for the record, the Marlins for A's trade was basically a wash.

Here is my new loot, starting with the A's (which are all for trade).



And now the Rockies (all keepers of course)





Well I got shutout on the Ultimate box, but that wasn't surprising because only 3 or 4 cards comes out of one box.  So not getting one wasn't THAT disappointing.  I got a bunch of base cards from the Throwback Threads box including 6 of the 10 for the Rockies team set.  Unfortunately, one of the four I missed was the card I really wanted, the Ubaldo Jimenez true rookie.  I also got one needed card for my 2011 Topps team set.  Now I am down to needing just one, #141 Ubaldo Jimenez for Series 1 completion.

As I said it was kind of a disappointing break for me, but it hasn't stopped me from joining the April group break with Thorzul.  In fact I doubled up and got 4 teams (Mets, Royals, Pirates, Rockies) so hopefully I will pick up something sweet to show off next month.

No comments: