A place where Colorado Rockies baseball card collectors (all 3 of us) can waste some time reading about our favorite sport. The Rockies and their cards will be the primary focus, but I like to go off on tangents as well so anything and everything baseball related may be covered here.

Friday, January 21, 2011

Rockie Trading Post #1 - Special Guest Justin G. from The Hopeful Chase

Welcome to the Rockie Trading Post.  Today's Special Guest is Justin G. from The Hopeful Chase.  Make sure you check out his blog.  He collects Orioles, Ravens, and Lightning cards and is starting an Eddie Murray player collection.  I sent him a small package of Orioles and some Murrays I had in my dupe box.  In exchange , he sent me some Rockies from 2010 National Chicle and A&G.  Along with my prize at the bottom.


Jhoulys Chacin (pronounced YO lease) will hopefully be a part of a potentially GREAT Rockies rotation with Ubaldo, Tyler Matzek, Christian Friedrich, and Jorge de la Rosa.



Hopefully I am not drummed out of Blogland for saying this but I never cared for collecting any of the A&G sets excluding the Rockies.  I just don't see the appeal of them, but that's just my opinion. 


 This is a mini of closer Huston Street from A&G.  Man, what a great trade that was.  I loved Matt Holliday, but he wasn't going to stay and we turned him into Street, Carlos Gonzalez, and Greg Smith. 

2009 Topps Black #588 Jorge de la Rosa 20/58

This was the card that I spotted and had to have.  It has so many great qualities.  First, it is a 2009 Topps which is my favorite base set of the 2000s by far.  It has great horizontal photo showing Jorge at the end of his motion.  Finally, it is a Rockie black card...my first.



Thanks again Justin for the trade and make sure to check out his blog here.  Hopefully you will be joining the Rockie Trading Post again a future date.  Stay tuned for the next exciting episode of The Rockie Trading Post.

1 comment:

Justin McLeod said...

I've never cared much for the A&G sets, either. I have acquired a few of them through trades, but I just don't care for them. I got one in a trade today that looks like it was attacked by lipstick-the background has tons of pink streaks. And, even though I'm not a Rockies fan, that De La Rosa is sweet. I've always been a fan of the black borders.

On an unrelated note, I've got some Rockies that I've been looking to unload. Email me, and we'll see if we can't work a trade.