A place where Colorado Rockies baseball card collectors (all 3 of us) can waste some time reading about our favorite sport. The Rockies and their cards will be the primary focus, but I like to go off on tangents as well so anything and everything baseball related may be covered here.

Friday, January 14, 2011

Opening Day

Well maybe I am jumping the gun a bit, but it is opening day for Cards from the Quarry.  This blog will be dedicated to sharing my knowledge of the Rockies and baseball in general.  Who knows, I might even gain some knowledge in the process.  I have exchanged email and conducted trades with several members of the blogging community and I hope that number will grow as this blog grows.

I always hate this part in any writings, but here goes.  Here is little bit about me.  I am a child of the 1980s that caught the card bug early on.  I remember vaguely my first pack.  I was six years old and the pack was 1982 Donruss.  Honestly, I couldn't tell you what was in the pack and those cards were more than likely destroyed by my early rambunctious nature.   However, I did discover that I liked pictures of baseball players on cardboard.  I started collecting quite a bit by 1986 and the Topps set that year was my first set building experience.

Over the next few years I lived for cards.  Then around 1992, I sort of just stopped.  The main reason was high school of course.  So my hobby went into what turned out to be hibernation mode.  I tried many hobbies over the next 15 years, but none of them gave me the joy of baseball cards.  I got back in by discovering the great blog Wax Heaven in 2007 and started buying boxes on eBay.  I love opening packs.  Sure it's cheaper buying complete sets, but where is the fun in that?

That is the key word for me...FUN! This is my first attempt at blogging and web publishing in general.  Hopefully, this blog will turn out to be fun as well for the readers as well as myself.  I have a couple of feature ideas that I haven't seen covered by the wonderful writers in Blogland.  I will try to post at least three times a week in the beginning, at least until I figure some of the intricacies of the system.

2 comments:

flywheels said...

Welcome to the party! I've been doing the blog thing now for about a year and it makes enjoy the hobby of trading cards that much more fun. Hopefully we'll have plenty of trades with each other in our future.

BA Benny said...

Welcome aboard. You will soon learn that the community of card collectors out here in Blogoland is awesome.