As a collector of limited funds, I thought it was be a service to everyone to start a new feature. Well since the blog is only a few days old, everything is a new feature. I gave myself a $5.00 budget and the rest of January to shop for and (hopefully) receive cards from eBay. I have set some ground rules for myself as well.
1. The $5.00 budget WILL factor include shipping costs meaning no cheap buying of the 1 cent card with $42 shipping here.
2. I will allow myself single card purchases only. No big lots, they would make the next rule too easy.
3. The goal of this experiment will be to acquire 10 cards that will either fit into my collections or be decent buys in general.
4. At least 2 of those must be numbered, parallel, auto, or relic cards.
5. 15 non consecutive minute time limit per day (I'm using an old stopwatch...remember kids no cheating)...this limit is in place for three reasons. First, to make it a little challenging to select some quality cards. Second, I don't have the time nor the desire to look more than that. Lastly, I know myself and if I looked longer I would break my budget VERY quickly.
6. No cards from a major overproduction era set. Quick sidebar, I hate the term "junk wax" on this blog you will see the replacement term "overproduction era." I started collecting in this time period and to me no matter how many cards were produced, I still think they are great (but don't send me all your quadruples please!).
I will post the results of this experiment either at the end of the month or when have blown the budget and received all cards. If this is successful, this will become a regular feature here. Not a monthly one though, because there is no way I can limit myself to $5 every month.