A place where Colorado Rockies baseball card collectors (all 3 of us) can waste some time reading about our favorite sport. The Rockies and their cards will be the primary focus, but I like to go off on tangents as well so anything and everything baseball related may be covered here.

Sunday, June 6, 2021

Sunday PWE Trade Bait #16


Good Sunday evening guys.  Once again I have been basically absent for the week.  I am proud that I was able to post my Memorial Day tribute to the fallen Rockies because that particular post was something that I had been wanting to do even before I came back to blogging earlier this year.  It just felt like something that needed to be done.  

Unfortunately, life caught up with me.  On Wednesday, I had the puppies 2nd vet trip and it was in mid-morning, so it basically shot the whole day.  But it was not unexpected.  The real horror of the week happened the next day.  I was doing in my main bathroom folding towels when I noticed a couple of dead insects near the tub drain.  I thought it was gross, but not that big a deal so I just washed them down the drain.  The next morning I went and did my morning ablutions like always and nothing.  A couple hours later, my grandfather came and got me and said I needed to come to the bathroom immediately.   

There are a few words or phrases in the English language that exclusively epitomize terror.  A few that come to mind are murderer, turbulence, collapsed, etc.  Another word that needs to be added to that list is swarm.  There is nothing good about a swarm of anything.  I walked into my bathroom, where two hours earlier there was nothing, and I found a swarm of insects.  I closed the bathroom with me inside to keep them from getting out.  Since I had the dogs and people in the house, my options were limited.  So I just turned the shower sprayer on hot and went Wild West on their asses.  I sprayed scalding hot water in the bathroom everywhere for 5 minutes or so.  The infestation was so bad, I could not see the bottom of my tub.  

But after a few minutes and several insect bites on the back of my neck, these things mostly were dead.  Once the swarm was handled I packed the dogs and people in the car and set off a couple bug bombs which seemed to have done the trick.  What were the insects?  Termites.  So I have damage to repair.  I am capable of doing the labor myself, but it will take time.  Luckily for me, the insects were limited to two rooms on the opposite end of the house from my card collection.  So there's that.  

That being said, I am ready to forget this week and get some trading going on.

As always, I will trade for Rockies, Topps rookie cup cards, 86 Topps homages, the few remaining 2011 Topps Opening Day blues that I need for my master set, 2005 Topps Rookie Cup rainbows that I need, 2020 Donruss rainbows that I need, or the various insert sets I am currently putting together.  The links are working for 6 of those 7, and the other will be done shortly, but for now you can simply ask if I need it.

If you just simply don't have anything I need, don't worry about it.  We can still trade.  I will happily accept serial numbered cards from teams I am in short supply of at the moment.  All I ask is that you include an extra 1 or 2 just to take care of the stamp I will need to trade them later.  

 These are current teams I am comparatively low on trade stuff.

Houston, LA Angels, Detroit, Cleveland, Milwaukee

Previous Sunday PWE Trade Baits

Week #1    Week #2   Week #3   Week #4   Week #5   Week #6   Week #7   Week #8   Week #9   

Week #10   Week #11   Week #12   Week #13   Week #14   Week #15   W

 

Claim away.
 
 

2017 Topps Gold Brian McCann /2017 - 2016 Panini/Donruss Optic Prizms Aqua Edwin Encarnacion /299 - 2020 Topps/Fire Orange John Means /299


2016 Panini/Elite Extra Edition Jake Fraley /999 - 2017 Topps Gold Tyler Thornburg /2017 - 2013 Topps Gold Avisail Garcia /2013


2020 Bowman/Platinum Blue Shane Bieber /150 - 2021 Topps Gold Maikel Franco /2021 - 2016 Bowman Blue Joe Mauer /150


2016 Topps/Update Gold Austin Jackson /2016 - 2002 Topps Gold Scott Schoeneweis /2002 - 2020 Panini/Donruss Presidential Edition Mike Minor /50


2016 Panini/Elite Extra Edition Forrest Whitley /999 - 2018 Topps/Update Gold Marco Gonzales /2018 - 2020 Panini/Donruss Now Playing Jesus Luzardo /999


2020 Panini/Elite Extra Edition Decade Mitchell Parker /230 (#'d to 999 but only 230 made) - 2016 Panini/Donruss Black Andrelton Simmons /199 - 2014 Panini/Prizm PDP Prizms Purple Aaron Brown /149

 

2020 Panini/Donruss Stat Line Season Jeff McNeil /318 - 2016 Topps Black Jeff Mathis /65 - 2019 Topps Gold Keone Kela /2019


2015 Bowman Green Jason Rogers /99 - 2008 Topps/Moments & Milestones #117-33 Josh Hamilton /150 - 1999 Pacific/Prism Holographic Gold J.D. Drew /480


2014 Bowman/Platinum Prospects Chrome Green Refractors Arismendy Alcantara /399 - 2016 Panini/Elite Extra Edition Steven Duggar /999 - 2019 Topps Gold Max Muncy /2019


2020 Panini/Donruss Stat Line Milestone Kirby Yates /300 - 2008 Upper Deck/Heroes Emerald Justin Upton /499 - 2012 Topps/Heritage Chrome Refractors Rookie Stars /563



2021 Panini/Donruss Photo Variations Red Nolan Arenado /2021 - 2005 Fleer/Platinum Jeff Baker /1000 - 2010 Topps Gold Ryan Spilborghs /2010


Cards with new homes.

 

 

As always, place a claim on any card that you'd like in the comments section or you can email me directly at hiflew AT yahoo DOT com and we can talk trade.

 

Thanx for reading.



5 comments:

night owl said...

Well, after that lovely story, I will request the gold Muncy.

gcrl said...

Sounds horrendous. Hope the repairs are manageable. I'll claim the joe mauer and is drew. Plus the heritage rookie parade chrome.

Bo said...

I was reading the story and the whole time hoping it wasn't termites. Hope the repair work isn't too bad!

Matt said...

Hey! I got the last card you sent and wanna for sure claim this jd drew. Will get something your way soon. Love the 90s stuff you post on these.

Also, that is awful story. Its one of my fears is to find out I have termites and not being a handyman at all ehat it would cost to fix. Glad it was contained to 2 rooms for you and hope no further problems

Jon said...

I've never heard of termites swarming out in the open like that before, certainly doesn't sound like it would be fun to be in the middle of though!