A place where Colorado Rockies baseball card collectors (all 3 of us) can waste some time reading about our favorite sport. The Rockies and their cards will be the primary focus, but I like to go off on tangents as well so anything and everything baseball related may be covered here.

Thursday, January 22, 2015

2014 Quarry Unlimited - #29 Los Angeles Dodgers Part 2



YELLOW






RED






ORANGE





ROOKIE PROSPECTS





My Top 5 Dodgers Cards
1. Hanley Ramirez (blue)
2. Clint Robinson (orange)
3. Chone Figgins (blue)
4. Zack Greinke (yellow)
5. Matt Kemp (purple)


The Dodgers had a very interesting team set to me this time around.  The Ramirez brings a question to mind.  Who is the child and why is he crying?  My answer is that the child is obviously a future Rockies fan and he can't stand being held next to that blue uniform, but you may have your own explanation.  There is a bigger question though, why is there a bottle of weed killer (bottom left corner) in the dugout?  The Robinson is one of the few cards I have ever seen showing both an electrical outlet and a light switch.  It reminds me of a Bull Durham type scenario.  Showcasing a long time minor leaguer like Clint Robinson adds to it even more.  I like the Figgins simply because I could have taken that photo.  There are a lot of card photos that require you to have an expensive camera or be in a location that the general public cannot access.  This photo was taken from the semi-cheap seats.  It's just great.  The Greinke showcases one of the all time great puzzling questions in baseball for me.  How in the world are pitchers that cold?  As soon as they get on base, out comes the jacket...even on hot days.  I'm sure there is some cockamamie theory about keeping an arm warm in between innings, but it really makes them look wimpy.  Finally we come to the Kemp.  I will never not smile at an outfielder landing on his head after a catch.  I'm not a sadist or anything, but it is just a perfect image.


Coming tomorrow - #30 Arizona Diamondbacks

Thanx for reading.

No comments: