A place where Colorado Rockies baseball card collectors (all 3 of us) can waste some time reading about our favorite sport. The Rockies and their cards will be the primary focus, but I like to go off on tangents as well so anything and everything baseball related may be covered here.

Saturday, November 29, 2014

2014 Quarry Unlimited - #9 Seattle Mariners Part 1



I'll start off today by apologizing for missing my post on Thursday.  I was gone for obvious reasons, but had it set up as a scheduled post.  However, I forgot to hit publish and therefore the post did not happen.  In order to keep to my normal schedule I am going to forgo my "day off" on Sunday and post Part 2 of the Mariners then.  But before I do that, I need to post Part 1 of the Mariners today, so let's roll.

I have mixed feelings with just about things Seattle.  I like that the Mariners had a fairly successful season especially considering the past few seasons when they were less than successful.  I don't like that they turned into a Dodgers/Yankees type franchise to buy Robinson Cano in order to make that success happen.  I have always been a much bigger fan of building a team through the farm, trades, and even bargain free agents.  I don't like a team being built simply because Team A has more money than their competition.  I don't think the Mariners are quite on the Dodgers/Yankees/Angels/Red Sox level yet, but a couple more Cano-type signings and they are right there.  That being said, I still like the Mariners overall.  However, they are on a slippery slope.



MARINERS TEAM TRIVIA

Total # of Mariners in 2014 - 44

# of new Mariners in 2014 - 16

Best score in 2014 - July 1 at Astros 13-2; September 16 at Angels 13-2

Worst score in 2014 - September 22 at Blue Jays 14-4

Border color that worked best with this team - Orange

Border color that worked least with this team - Green

Position on last year's list - #8 = DOWN 1


Let's take a look at the first half of the 2014 Seattle Mariners with the manager's card leading the way.





PURPLE






GREEN






BLUE







I'll be back tomorrow with Part 2.  As usual, your thoughts are always welcome and encouraged.

Thanx for reading.

2 comments:

Marcus said...

The Chris Denorfia is my easy favorite here, and it's not close. Hard to tell if it's my extreme Deno bias or not, though. Can I borrow that image to promote this post on my blog? Just in case there's somebody who follows me who isn't following you, for whatever reason. Well, that and selfish reasons, I guess.

Nick said...

The Mariners are starting to grow on me. They're probably in my top five favorite franchises now going in to 2015. Their throwbacks are definitely some of the best around.