A place where Colorado Rockies baseball card collectors (all 3 of us) can waste some time reading about our favorite sport. The Rockies and their cards will be the primary focus, but I like to go off on tangents as well so anything and everything baseball related may be covered here.

Saturday, November 15, 2014

2014 Quarry Unlimited - #3 Milwaukee Brewers Part 2






YELLOW






RED






ORANGE





ROOKIE PROSPECTS




My Top 5 Brewers Cards
1. Jason Rogers (Rookie Prospects)
2. Carlos Gomez (Yellow)
3. Caleb Gindl (Purple)
4. Scooter Gennett (Yellow)
5. Jonathan Lucroy (Red)


The Rogers card could easily become an iconic card on the level of the 91 Topps Benito Santiago if Topps uses that photo next season.  It is definitely in my top 5 for Card of the Set and might end up #1.  I like the Gomez shot simply because of the sport.  A Peyton Manning card with that same exact pose is boring, but a baseball player doing it is great.  Just imagine how popular a card of LeBron James playing catch with a baseball on a basketball court would be.  While they are not at the level of throwback uniforms for me yet, I am starting to tire of diving catch photos just a little.  That being said, the Gindl card is just different enough from a standard diving catch to remain interesting.  I don't think I will ever tire of the middle infielder double play jump like the Gennett card.  That is just an all around great card.  I was stuck on the #5 card, but I eventually chose the Lucroy.  It really reminds me of the 1976 Topps Johnny Bench in that Lucroy also looks like he could knock out a grizzly bear if he really put his mind to it.




Coming Monday - #4 Baltimore Orioles

Thanx for reading.


3 comments:

Nick said...

Rodgers is easily my #1 as well. Topps needs to use more of those overhead shots. Love the double dip on the Gennett as well.

night owl said...

I have no idea how photographer got that shot of Rogers.

Marcus said...

I'm surprised that Khris Davis' didn't make your top 5, that one's my favorite. I think I've read before that you're not big on throwback uniforms, but I also really like Estrada's and Peralta's.