A place where Colorado Rockies baseball card collectors (all 3 of us) can waste some time reading about our favorite sport. The Rockies and their cards will be the primary focus, but I like to go off on tangents as well so anything and everything baseball related may be covered here.

Saturday, January 18, 2014

2013 Quarry Unlimited - #28 Arizona Diamondbacks Part 2



If you have noticed for the past couple of weeks I have had a horrible time staying on schedule with the Quarry Unlimited set.  Today was supposed to be the final day of the set with Part 2 of team #30, but that won't happen until next week now.  Part of the reason for my time management issues is the team trivia boxes that I have been including.  They take a lot of work and I am still not completely finished with teams #29 and #30.  I am going to be using the info for another purpose as well, but I want to make this set as uniform as possible.  Another big part of the reason is just a lot less time for the past 3 weeks or so.  I intend on doing teams #29 and #30 next week, probably Mon-Tues and Thurs-Fri, but no guarantees.  The following week, I will doing my year end wrap up just in time for the inundation of 2014 Topps Series 1.  So we have two weeks left to knock this bad boy out.  Let's get started with the second half of the 2013 Arizona Diamondbacks.











My Top 5 Diamondbacks Cards
1. Josh Collmenter
2. Adam Eaton
3. Josh Wilson
4. Joe Thatcher
5. Tony Campana

I have always been a big fan of the overhead bullpen shot.  It's a bird's eye view that you just can't get on the mound.  The #2 and #3 shots showcase about the only thing I like about the Diamondbacks, their secondary logo.  The D and B coming together to form the snake head is about the best thought-out logo since the MB Brewers glove logo.  I prefer the look of it on the black jersey ahead of the red one which is why Eaton is ranked slightly higher.  The rest of Arizona's lot is pretty unremarkable.  I chose the Thatcher primarily for the big crowd shot.  Since it is a vidcap instead of a photo, the crowd is more easily seen as individuals.  Finally, the Campana showcases his one true big league talent...his speed.  If there is any current major leaguer that may one day join Herb Washington as solely a pinch runner, I would put my money on Campana.


Coming Monday - #29 San Francisco Giants

Thanx for reading.

No comments: