A place where Colorado Rockies baseball card collectors (all 3 of us) can waste some time reading about our favorite sport. The Rockies and their cards will be the primary focus, but I like to go off on tangents as well so anything and everything baseball related may be covered here.

Sunday, December 15, 2013

2013 Quarry Unlimited - #15 Oakland A's Part 2



Well after nearly 70 Quarry Unlimited posts over two years, I finally missed a day.  I am a bit under the weather, so I stayed in bed most of yesterday.  I had this post finished and scheduled to post, but I forgot to hit publish on Friday.  Oh well, it was bound to happen eventually and I am feeling much better now so let's move on and check out the slightly late second half of the 2013 Oakland Athletics.














My Top 5 A's Cards
1. Derek Norris
2. Jed Lowrie
3. Scott Sizemore
4. Josh Donaldson
5. Jesse Chavez

The A's are another team that just didn't have a lot of memorable photos this year.  I'm a bit surprised because they were among the few best teams in last year's set.  This year, Derek Norris takes the top Oakland spot for the pre "play at the plate" shot.  I guess those shots will soon no longer be around after the silly decision to ban plate collisions.  The Lowrie features one of my favorite throwbacks of all time, the early 70s A's yellow and green unis.  I like the Sizemore card because it is a decent double play shot, but also because, along with Jason Bay, it features two of the hardest luck guys in the bigs over the past few years.  Finally, the Donaldson and the Chavez are at the very least interesting close ups.  I ranked the Donaldson a bit higher because the extended tongue is slightly better than the wooden background.



Coming Monday - #16 Houston Astros

Thanx for reading.

1 comment:

BrettBlogs34 said...

Did u buy the Stephen Vogt?