A place where Colorado Rockies baseball card collectors (all 3 of us) can waste some time reading about our favorite sport. The Rockies and their cards will be the primary focus, but I like to go off on tangents as well so anything and everything baseball related may be covered here.

Tuesday, December 3, 2013

2013 Quarry Unlimited - #10 Cleveland Indians Part 2



Some of you may have noticed that I have been doing trivia featuring percentages of players that actually appear on cards for that team.  It is part of a new collection that I will be discussing after the set is complete.  The reason I am bringing it up now is because after finishing 20 teams with only big market teams remaining, the Cleveland Indians are officially at the bottom for all teams that have been around since 1993.  Only 68.8% of every player to suit up for the Indians has an Indians card available.  I am actually a bit surprised that Cleveland is at the bottom because they had a really strong mid-90's and an on and off 2000's.  To all the Indians fans out there, I feel your pain because my Rockies are the only other (excluding TB & AZ) team under 70%.  While you dry your tears, let's take a look at the second half of the 2013 Cleveland Indians.













My Top 5 Indians Cards
1. Jose Ramirez
2. Matt Carson
3. Asdrubal Cabrera
4. Lou Marson
5. Chris Perez

I really like the Ramirez card.  It probably would have worked better as a horizontal card, but it works very well as a vertical card because Ramirez is accented more.  The third base coach is the star of that photo though.  I have to chuckle at the Matt Carson card.  It looks like he is posing for a bodybuilding contest while he is sliding.  The Cabrera card is a rather mundane fielding shot with the exception of the shadow on the field.  I love shadows on cards.  The Marson is a fairly interesting play at the plate type card, except you don't have to be a card detective to figure out the outcome of that play.  Finally we come to the throwback section.  I don't really like that uniform because it looks like something worn by a prison softball team, but that is also part of the appeal of the card especially when you consider the subject of the card as well.



Coming tomorrow - #11 Atlanta Braves


Thanx for reading.

No comments: