A place where Colorado Rockies baseball card collectors (all 3 of us) can waste some time reading about our favorite sport. The Rockies and their cards will be the primary focus, but I like to go off on tangents as well so anything and everything baseball related may be covered here.

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Rock Stars - Right Handed Reliever Results



The scoring on this one is going to be a bit tricky, especially with your votes.  For WAR and my vote I am going to score it as top 3 get 4 points, next 3 get 3 points etc. 


Your Votes
Huston Street - 8 votes = 4 points
Steve Reed - 6 votes = 4 points
Curt Leskanic - 5 votes = 4 points
Rafael Betancourt, Manny Corpas - 4 votes = 3 points
Jose Jimenez, Darren Holmes - 3 votes = 3 points
Matt Belisle, Taylor Buchholz, Mike DeJean, Justin Speier - 2 votes = 2 points
Ryan Speier, Dave Veres - 1 vote = 1 point
David Cortes, Jerry DiPoto - 0 votes = 0 points

WAR
Steve Reed - 9.2 WAR = 4 points
Curt Leskanic - 5.2 WAR = 4 points
Jerry DiPoto - 4.7 WAR = 4 points
Jose Jimenez - 4.2 WAR = 3 points
Rafael Betancourt - 4.1 WAR = 3 points
Darren Holmes - 3.8 WAR = 3 points
Dave Veres - 3.6 WAR = 2 points
Manny Corpas - 3.4 WAR = 2 points
Huston Street - 3.4 WAR = 2 points
Mike DeJean - 3.0 WAR = 1 point
Matt Belisle - 2.7 WAR = 1 point
Taylor Buchholz - 2.1 WAR = 1 point
Justin Speier - 1.9 WAR = 0 points
Ryan Speier - 0.8 WAR = 0 points
David Cortes - 0.7 WAR = 0 points

My Vote
Steve Reed, Rafael Betancourt, Huston Street = 4 points
Jose Jimenez, Manny Corpas, Matt Belisle = 3 points
Curt Leskanic, Darren Holmes, Taylor Buchholz = 2 points
Jerry DiPoto, Dave Veres, Mike DeJean = 1 point
Justin Speier, Ryan Speier, David Cortes = 0 points


Total Score
Steve Reed = 12 points (unanimous selection)
Huston Street = 10 points
Curt Leskanic = 10 points
Rafael Betancourt = 10 points
Jose Jimenez = 9 points
Manny Corpas = 8 points
Darren Holmes = 8 points
Matt Belisle = 6 points
Jerry DiPoto = 5 points
Taylor Buchholz = 5 points
Mike DeJean = 4 points
Dave Veres = 4 points
Justin Speier = 2 points
Ryan Speier = 1 point
David Cortes = 0 points


The Rock Star right handed relievers are Steve Reed and TBD?


First off, I love that you guys saw the ability of the very under-appreciated middle reliever Steve Reed.  In comparison to role players from all positions, I would argue that Steve Reed is the most valuable Rockie ever.  He is obviously not as valuable as stars such as Helton, Walker, or Tulowitzki, but Reed went out to the mound every other game for seven years and got tough outs more often than not.  So let's appreciate Steve Reed as a Rock Star right handed reliever.

Secondly, I did not anticipate a tie of any kind.  That was the whole point of doing the three-headed monster vote.  So, I did not put in place any tiebreaker options.  What I will do is put up a new poll until Tuesday at 4 PM Eastern with the three pitchers (Betancourt, Leskanic, Street) and you choose your favorite.  The top 2 will win and become Rock Stars.  I set up my vote on Sunday night after I make the original post, so I really didn't even notice this until just now.  But I am sticking with my choices, so it is your turn to give me yours.  They will be the ONLY factor in the tiebreaker.

I will still be doing outfielders tomorrow as scheduled.  Until then, thanx for reading.

No comments: